Account Executive (German) - DACH region
What makes a Champ
You might have heard a lot of things about working in a start-up. Honestly, we’re guilty of some of them – free drinks, a young team with funny accents from all over the world, and at least one of our developers has a beard. And also like a lot of start-ups, we’re growing super fast – we’ve quadrupled our team within a year, and like a cheetah on a skateboard going down a hill, we’re only going faster.
So what makes Hotelchamp different to other startups? The short answer is how we treat you. We celebrate the individual success of each and every employee, we’re just as interested in your development as our own, and we’ll absolutely push you to your limits – but never too far. We know that our company is only as good as the people who work here, so we only hire the best and the brightest. Because that’s what it takes to be a Champ.
Why we want you
In this role, you’ll be developing more business than a stock photo darkroom and closing more deals than an impatient auctioneer. You are a natural and ambitious salesperson who commands attention like a thunderstorm that rains panthers. You liaise smoothly with hoteliers, easily convincing them that everyday spent without our software is a missed opportunity. You are at risk of early onset arthritis because of how many high-fives and thumbs-ups you give after closing a deal. But most importantly, you are independent, confident and have an excellent brain for business – just like Beyoncé.
What you’ll do with us
- Like a bricklayer with a bag of Nokia 3310s, you’ll use your phone to build a network of leads within the hotel industry from scratch.
- You love contracting as many hotels to the Hotelchamp platform as possible, not just because you almost got a tattoo that says “#saleslife”, but because you understand our solution genuinely benefits our customers
- You’ll take this show on the road – Amsterdam’s not big enough to contain your passion for our product so you attend international industry events and roadshows, sharing Hotelchamp's story through keynotes, presentations and puppet shows (though mainly just the first two)
What makes you a Champ
- 2-4 years in a SaaS sales environment
- You are a native German speaker.
- You’re a real objection assassin – identifying and eliminating sales and product obstacles quickly and in creative ways
- Like an expensive washing machine/dryer combo, you can handle the entire cycle – from prospecting, to negotiations, to closing deals.
- Like a robot that learned how to love, your highly commercial mindset is also delicately intertwined with what is genuinely right for the customer
- You have excellent communication and persuasion skills to help you close every deal, nurture every customer and win every rap-battle.
What we give to you
- A group of energetic, multicultural and totally good-looking colleagues (over 20 nationalities in a team of 60 people!)
- The opportunity to carve your own signature into the growth story of Hotelchamp, one of the fastest growing startups in Europe
- As the old guy in Spiderman says, with great power, comes great responsibility – take control of your development and guide where you want to take your career within the company
- Thank God it’s Thursday – Thursday drinks with the whole team and Thursday company lunch on us
- Some of the most competitive but poorly skilled ping-pong players in the world – prepare to be challenged (and probably victorious)
- A huge office in B.amsterdam – the biggest start-up ecosystem in Europe for start-ups, creatives and corporates. Featuring two lounges, a gym, cinema, and rooftop bar and restaurant overlooking the city, B.Amsterdam is like a miniature Silicon Valley – but without all of the expensive real-estate or self-driving car