Jr. Customer Success Manager
What makes a Champ
You might have heard a lot of things about working in a start-up. Honestly, we’re guilty of some of them – free drinks, a young team with funny accents from all over the world, and at least one of our developers has a beard. And also like a lot of start-ups, we’re growing super fast – we’ve quadrupled our team within a year, and like a cheetah on a skateboard going down a hill, we’re only going faster.
So what makes Hotelchamp different to other startups? The short answer is how we treat you. We celebrate the individual success of each and every employee, we’re just as interested in your development as our own, and we’ll absolutely push you to your limits – but never too far. We know that our company is only as good as the people who work here, so we only hire the best and the brightest. Because that’s what it takes to be a Champ.
Why we want you
Are you the Chewbacca to our Han Solo? The Timon/Pumba to our Simba? The Alfred to our Batman? You don’t have to literally be a Wookie, warthog or wrinkly old butler though – we’re looking for someone to be a crucial support for our Customer Success team and our clients all over the world. Like the Sherlock Holmes of accounts, you’ll be helping our customers to solve their problems, answer their questions and loudly declare things like ‘Elementary!’ while holding a pipe. Of course we don’t expect you to know all the answers to their questions, but you’ll sure know where to go or who to talk to to get them. Whilst this may be entry-level role, we’re trusting you with our most valued asset – our signed photo of David Hasselhoff.
No, just kidding (are you crazy, we wouldn’t let you touch The Hoff) – we’re talking about our customers. So if you’re looking to kickstart your e-commerce career in a role that isn’t making coffees for some guy named ‘Stewart’, then read on!
What you’ll do with us
- You’re the first port of call for our customer issues, compliments or questions for the Customer Success Managers that you’re supporting. This means speaking with customers from all over the world and CS Managers from all over the office;
- You’ll be supporting customers with implementing and activating their Hotelchamp account, offering tips, guidance and jokes about breakfast buffets;
- You’re the Data-Master – ensuring all information about our customers is clearly updated in our CRM system, including best point of contact and where appropriate, favourite milkshake flavour;
- Like the Horse Whisperer, you take customer feedback and communicate it internally to help the team when it comes to improving our product. That was what The Horse Whisperer was about right?
- You support the Customer Success Managers in finding trends and benchmarks in reporting and performance across the customer base. It’s basically like The Matrix, but with slightly less gunfights and a tad more statistical analysis.
What makes you a Champ
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in a marketing or commercial field. It was also probably expensive so you’re keen to use it;
- Experience in high-level Customer Service. It could be face to face, over the phone or in a castle for some reason;
- You are super customer focused, making sure you can help the customer in any way you can;
- When we say “e-commerce performance environment”, your eyes don’t completely glaze over – you have some basic knowledge of stuff like CRO, Web Analytics and Data Insights;
- Like the Pokemon theme song, you want to be the best, the very best. This doesn’t mean running around with an electric yellow mouse – it means you’re determined to be successful, develop yourself and grow within the company;
- Your communication skills are awesome, at least in English that is. Extra languages would be muy bueno / sehr gut / lekker / très bien / totally tubular dude;
- To your face, people would describe you as being super social, positive, high energy and ideally, very accurate. Hopefully they describe you like that behind your back too but how would you know?
What we give to you
- A group of energetic, multicultural and totally good-looking colleagues (over 20 nationalities in a team of 50 people!)
- The opportunity to carve your own signature into the growth story of Hotelchamp, one of the fastest growing startups in Europe
- As the old guy in Spiderman says, with great power, comes great responsibility – take control of your development and guide where you want to take your career within the company
- Thank God it’s Thursday – Thursday drinks with the whole team and Thursday company lunch on us
- Some of the most competitive but poorly skilled ping-pong players in the world – prepare to be challenged (and probably victorious)
- A huge office in B.amsterdam – the biggest start-up ecosystem in Europe for start-ups, creatives and corporates. Featuring two lounges, a gym, cinema, and rooftop bar and restaurant overlooking the city, B.Amsterdam is like a miniature Silicon Valley – but without all of the expensive real-estate or self-driving cars.